PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Stove Review: While camping, who does want to worry about the luggage and personal stuff. Everybody wants to focus on the place and the adventure and all the new think they can to explore, even you do so. And, camping is often planned in abandoned areas where cooking is one of the most significant issues one may face. However, you have the option of carrying a gas stove, but trust me, it can be the worst choice if you are not taking a mini stove, which is lightweight and compact. Of course, you do not want to waste an hour cooking only. In this case, you may want to check out a good camping stove.
MSR PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Backpacking, Camping, and Travel Stove Review
So, we thought of introducing you with the smartest choice of maximum camping persons and hope you too would love it. It is MSR PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Travel Stove, lets quickly first have a look at the pros and cons.
- Easy to use with simple manual
- Does not have a stabilizing stand
- Do not have an inbuilt ignitor
- Do not come with canniest
MSR PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Travel Stove
The name of the Stove itself depicts its pocket rocket feature. It is foldable and get easily fit into your cargo pant pocket. So, you can easily make out how much space would it require in your bag pack. Yes, of course, you need to carry the canniest as well because it does not come with a fuel canniest, but the great thing is you can attach and detach this Stove in other canniest as well. This super-affordable Stove is highly recommended for solo travelers.
For whom is this product?
It might be confusing, which product to go for when you have thousands of different options. But you should be confident about the product is perfect for you?
Well, in the case of Pocket Rocket Stove, it is best suited for the solo backpackers as it does not require much space and is much lighter. Apart from this, people who are always on a trip, one who goes for longer holidays, every time carrying a fuel canniest can be tough. But this Stove is compatible with any canniest, all you have to get one canniest from the local market of your camping location on rent and you are good to go.
What is included?
Its sad, you do not get much with this product. A manual book and just the Stove in a protective case, yet its features are worth the price.
- Foldable wings of the Stove
- Compatible for any isobutane-propane canniest
- Flame controller
Let’s learn about its features deeply
A Brief Study of the features of MSR PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Travel Stove
MSR Pocket Rocket 2 Ultralight Travel stove it ranked at the top for its foldable and compact feature. There are many more features that you should be aware of before opting for any stove. So, we have brought you a brief study of features of MSR Pocket Rocket 2 Ultralight Travel Stove. Here it is:
- Light-weighted: The Pocket Rocket is super light, which is highly portable and easy for you to carry while you travel countries.
- Compact: You do not need much space for this Stove, most of the area is just required by the canniest and the pot you use for cooking.
- Foldable wings of the Stove: This is what the best feature the Stove is so very liked for. You cam for the wings, and it turns to be something like your mobile phone, it fits your hand,
- Compatible for any isobutane-propane canniest: For the people who do not want to carry the fuel canniest or sometimes its no allowed while travelling, this Stove is a perfect solution for those situations. As it easily fits in any canniest.
- Flame controller: You get an attached flame controller, which allows you to control the simmer of the Stove.
While keeping the good points in mind, we will also talk about the sad parts.
- No ignitor: You need to carry an ignitor to lite the Stove. Which in case you forget to carry or lost somewhere, you have got no other option than starving.
- No fuel canniest: You need to carry or arrange isobutane-propane filled canniest to attach and cook, which sometime may be an issue.
- No flask, bowl, or pot: For cooking, you also need utensils which is not available with this product. You must carry on your own.
Well, this isn’t a big issue when you are moving in a group. You can easily divide these things to carry. One of you may carry the Stove, one may arrange the fuel, and another may get the ignitor, and rest can carry the cooking pot and other stuff. However, it can be very challenging for a solo traveler if he is not a person who likes carrying so much.
Otherwise, the Stove itself is a great product. Also, we have other options for you if you do not find this Stove meeting your expectations.
If you are looking for a stove that comes with a fuel canniest attached, inbuilt ignitor, simmer controller, measuring flask, cooking pot, and all the other stuff in one buy, then you should check them for sure.
Jetboil MiniMo Stove Cooking System
Jetboil is the oldest brand name in the list of best portable Stove, and yet it is coming up with so many amazing features with a variety of stoves. You get a flask, measuring bowl, attached canniest, and many such stuff you lack in the Pocket Rocket stove. Check out for more details.
Jetboil Flash Camping Stove Cooking System is another great piece from JetBoil. Along with all the features in the MiniMo stove you get a feature of indicator. This Stove is designed with a thermometric-color changing indicator that changes its color when the water boils, or your food is cook. Interesting? Check them here.
Hello, get back to MSR PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Travel Stove, yet the jet boil is amazing, but Pocket Rocket is no less when we count them on the basis of price. MSR PocketRocket 2 Ultralight Travel Stove is inexpensive yet very useful. Even is you have other Stove, you should buy this one for a spare or extra help.